Famous Last Words

>> 22 October 2008

Think about this:  Everyone who is now alive will someday die.  With very little exception, no one knows how or when they will die.  This being the case, most people don't know what their last words will be.  I figure that for someone like me and most of you - not elderly and in pretty good general health - the most likely way to die is in some sort of accident.  Now, the most likely fatal accident that you could suffer would be some sort of car accident.  So, in order to have some degree of control over what your last words will be, I suggest that any time you leave any place (home, work, church, etc.) you say something "last-word-worthy" before you go.  Just in case.


Say for instance, that I am at work and preparing to go home for the weekend.  On my way out I say something lame like, "See you guys at the staff meeting on Monday."  Then, on the way home, I accidentally drive my car into mine-field and get blown to bits.  I would spend the entire after-life regreting those boring last words.  But what if I had said something awesome like, "BULLETS CAN'T KILL ME!"?  That's much better as far as last words go.

So, with that in mind -- here are some good last words to keep in mind.  Say these things just before you head home from work, or leave the house to go to the grocery store, or after your Sunday-school lesson.
  • This is only the beginning
  • I have no regrets
  • You may never see me again
  • You will never ever see me again (this one is riskier)
  • See you in another life, brother (in a Scottish accent)
  • Bullets can't kill me
  • Everyone dies -- not everyone truly lives
  • The dude has got no mercy!
  • I will come back to haunt all of you
  • Rosebud (whispered)
The list could go on for a long time, but those are a few things that I think are worth saying as last words.  Have any others to add to the list?  Share them below in the comments.

2 comments:

Rochelle October 22, 2008 at 10:55 PM  

How about these?
Pigs will never fly, but I already do
Here's to all the funny men
Watch out, you're next
Eat my dust (this may not be appropriate if you're cremated)
My cat is your cat
Work hard, play hard, die hard
I will come back as an alligator
Meet Joe Cool

Vlazny's October 23, 2008 at 8:27 AM  

I've always thought that you something you revealed to us as boyscouts those many years ago would be great parting words, "Water is wet, only when it is cold."

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));