Christmas Music

>> 19 November 2008


Yes, it's true.  I'm not ashamed to admit it.  I have already started listening to Christmas music.  It's not like I listen to it all the time or anything, but it's creeping into my rotation.  Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of Christmas music.  My catalogue of Christmas music:

  • Bright Eyes Christmas Album (sort of irritating except for "Blue Christmas")
  • Clay Aiken Christmas (Exactly what you'd expect)
  • Brian Setzer Boogie Christmas (It's amazing how many Christmas songs can accomodate a rockabilly guitar solo)
  • Seven different Sufjan Stevens Christmas CDs (he did one a year for a while and they're all pretty awesome)
  • James Taylor Christmas (pretty solid)
So, as the holidays get closer, I'm going to need some more material to listen to.  What are some of your favorite Christmas Albums (or individual songs) leave them in the comments so I can keep the Christmas spirit going until Dec. 25th!

8 comments:

claireb November 20, 2008 at 8:31 AM  

Mannheim Steamroller- Christmas (not the others that look similar) -- it has a picture of a lit Christmas Tree on it.

George Winston- December

Granted they are only instrumental, but all my other songs are from mixes, so I don't have a full album that I listen to.

But Clay Aiken... seriously??

Rich November 20, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

Definitely Harry Connick Jr. Christmas, and there are some really great Ella Fitzgerald Christmas compilations with other artists as well.

Go for the classics!! As in the jazzy/crooner classics.

Rich November 20, 2008 at 1:48 PM  

I should also say that Josh Grobin (sp?) Album is pretty decent - he has a nice voice.

I never really "got" the Clay Aiken thing.

Joel November 20, 2008 at 6:07 PM  

Clarification: The Clay Aiken CD was a gift. Appreciated, but perhaps not cherished.

Curtis November 21, 2008 at 11:06 PM  

Have you heard of the Roaches? If this doesn't get you ready for Christmas, then... you must not be a Haynie!

Curtis November 22, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

I mean Roches! My mistake.

Curtis November 22, 2008 at 12:23 AM  

I wonder how many times it will let me post about the same thing over and over.

The album is titled "We Three Kings"

Rochelle November 23, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

Sufjan is all you need for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And all I need for Christmas is...you!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));