Vote for my Demise!

>> 28 December 2008

I am in Utah, on a ski trip with my family. I am not a very good skier; in fact, the best word to describe the way I ski is, dangerous. I am pretty good at standing up, but not so great at turning or stopping (which turn out to be pretty important when skiing).

Since I'm not a particularly good skier, I've been thinking about trying out snowboarding on this trip. So my question for you, dear internet, is which should I do, skiing or snowboarding?

Vote in the poll and then please leave your words of advice or warning in the comment section.

2 comments:

Noel Anderson December 29, 2008 at 1:47 PM  

definitely try the snowboarding. i believe you were present every time that i have attempted either. when i tried the snowboarding it was fun but it was definitely dangerous. it took me a long time to learn how to steer myself even after i took the lessons. once i was going down a bunny slope and accidentally ran over the back of a ski instructor's skis. he yelled at me "Go Take Some Lessons!!!" to which i politely replied "i did."

Anonymous,  December 29, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

Either way, you die.

If you snowboard, however, at least you die looking *way radical* in the process, like the sort of person who listens to a lot of ska music and wears things with the word "Hurley" on them.

If you ski, you look like you're 45 years old and enjoy golfing and Journey. Plus, your butt will dramatically increase in size.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));