Wrong URL

>> 12 March 2009

Today, while trying to sign onto this e-blog in order to update my book-progress counter, I accidentally typed in the wrong URL. This e-blog is at, http://joeloninternet.blogspot.com/... I typed in, http://joeloninternet.blogpsot.com/ All I did was switch two letters, blogSPot versus blogPSot!

What's the difference? My e-blog is basically pointless. This other website is FOR REAL! It seems to be a website/call-to-action about the end of the world and Biblical prophecy. It contains subject headings such as:

The Soon Coming Climax
Proof The Bible Is True


WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? THE RAPTURE AND TRIBULATION


ARE YOU READY TO MEET JESUS?

and

SPIRITUAL WARFARE

While I didn't read the entire website (actually, I just looked at the pictures and scrolled to find the most exciting headings), it seems to have been a rather serious undertaking. There is a good amount of writing and scriptural citations, etc. on the site.

The odd thing is, why did they pick my e-blog to cybersquat? In case you're not familiar with cybersquatting, or typosquatting, it is essentially the practice of creating a website that relies on typos for traffic. Thinks like "wiipedia.org" or "netflicks.com" are examples of cybersquatting. There aren't that many people reading my e-blog. It doesn't seem worth the effort. Maybe it's some sort of bot that makes this website for all misspelled e-blogs.

UPDATE:
Myth confirmed. For most blogspot URLs if you type in blogpsot instead of blogspot. I should not feel flattered that they squatted me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));