Album #1

>> 27 June 2008

The last album on my list of top ten personal favorites is...


These Are Special Times - by, Celine Dion. This is a special album, Celine.

PSYCH! The actual one is...


Highway 61 Revisited - by, Bob Dylan. You didn't think I would make this entire list and not include at least one Bob Dylan album did you? Because, seriously, if you thought that, then you are crazy. Just plain crazy.

During a period of less than two years, (1965-1966) Bob Dylan released a hat-trick of brilliant records: Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited, and Blonde on Blonde. All three of these are basically perfect, but I thought it would be lame to have all three on my list, so I settled on the one I like the most (by a little bit). Here are some stats about Highway 61, Revisited:

  • Biggest Hit Song: "Like a Rolling Stone"
  • Number of Vowels in album title: 6, unless you spell out "sixty-one" in which case, it's 9. Unless you spell it out and also count "y" as a vowel, in which case, the answer is 10. So, the short answer is - 6, 9, or 10.
  • Bob Dylan's real name: Robert Allen Zimmerman
  • My favorite song from the album: "Highway 61 Revisited"



Here's another good one: "Ballad of a Thin Man"

2 comments:

Ashley June 29, 2008 at 12:31 AM  

I feel like this post is a personal slam to me. I was so excited about Celine...I couldn't even read the rest of the post...>~

Joel June 29, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

I am so sorry. I have never listened to the Celine Dion CD. I wasn't pointing it out as a bad example. Who knows, it might actually be better than HW 61 Revisited.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));