Favorite Record number Four

>> 10 June 2008


Revolver, by The Beatles. Perhaps Sergeant Pepper's and The White Album (not its real name) are considered better by critics, but for my money, Revolver is the tops! Not only does it boast some of the most famous Beatles tunes - "Eleanor Rigby", "Good Day Sunshine", "Yellow Submarine", etc. - it is also the first record by the Beatles to suggest their future studio experimentation.

And finally, this is the record which has "I'm Only Sleeping" which is, I believe, my favorite Beatles song ever. So, I know it's sort of a cop out to have The Beatles on my top ten list, since they're also on everyone else's top ten list.

"I'm Only Sleeping"


There are some people out there who say they don't like the Beatles, but what they really mean is that they are just being contrarian and argumentative. This is a terrible way to end this post. I am just sort of trailing off. I am sorry.

2 comments:

Tim June 11, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

Revolver has always been my favorite Beatles record.

kelley June 11, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

Just for the record, I didn't read this post before making my latest post on my blog. Honest. And I am NOT argumentative!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));