I Am A Worthless Athlete

>> 18 February 2009

I enjoy playing soccer. I think it would also be safe to describe my skill-level as adequate. I willingly admit that I am not especially quick or skilled, but I enjoy the game and play frequently. Now, when I saw this video, of six-year-old Algerian soccer-phenom Madin Mohammed, I almost cried. European clubs such as Real Madrid and Chelsea FC are already rumored to be looking into the possibility of signing Madin and bringing him into their youth academies. So here's the video:



I am twenty years older than this kid and he is better than me. Sure, if we played head-to-head, I would win. Because I weigh four times as much as he does and my legs are longer than he is tall. But I can't do what he does. He's better than me. I have been bested by a six-year-old. I am a worthless athlete.

Go on. Tell me I'm useless. Leave your comments below:

2 comments:

Vlazny's February 18, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

but could the kid last 30 hours to make a loaf of bread? I think not!

Noel Anderson February 18, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

everyone was sending this video around our office today joking that we should sign him. i think the video is sped up. you'll never hear about this kid again after today. when he hits puberty, he'll end up be too tall and gangly and awkward. plus some algerian mobsters will probably kidnap him and hold him for ransom.

don't worry joel, the majority of us are just like you: adequate.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));