Movie Trilogies

>> 26 February 2009




I found this little gem on the ol' internet and that it was worth sharing. There are a few that I disagree with and several that I have never seen (Did anyone see Planet of the Apes II? Not if they saw the first one, they didn't). Indiana Jones, Star Wars, LOTR, and Spider Man are spot on. I disagree with Rocky and Back to the Future, because I believe in both of those, the third movie represents a significant decline from the first two. I would also say that Back to the Future I should basically have the highest rating possible.

Leave your opinion in the comments section. Which ones are right? Which ones are wrong? Best movie trilogy of all time?

PS - Mary, if you read this will you please make sure Christian sees this chart? I think he will probably have some pretty illuminating thoughts on the matter.

[edit] Movie-guru, Christian Plautz's, take on the trilogy issue is up on Mary's Blog [/edit]

7 comments:

Lisa and company February 27, 2009 at 7:35 AM  

I thought X-Men 3 was pretty fantastic.

Vlazny's February 27, 2009 at 8:01 AM  

For it's time, Jurassic Park I was a good movie. I'm not saying as high as some of the others, but its rating is just a little too low for me. However JP II and III should never have left the storyboard department. Maybe i'm biased but the X-men III should have a littler higher rating too. But I do feel like the got the spiderman trilogy just about right. that third one was just so dissapointing.

Mary February 27, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

I'm calling Christian right now.

Anonymous,  February 27, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

I'm going to assume by your "Planet of the Apes" diss that you've only seen the new craptacular one. If you're talking about the Charleton Heston classic, I've just lost all respect for your taste in movies, and will have to begin providing you with Ben Affleck and Hillary Duff movies as birthday presents. So there.

Mary February 27, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

Here are Christian's thoughts:

http://maryslastchance.blogspot.com/2009/02/christians-illuminating-thoughts-on.html

Noel Anderson March 2, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

the thing about the rocky one is that rocky iv is the best of the bunch and this chart eliminates the possibility of any movies past the third one. i agree with most of the others. i definitely think the star wars one is right on. i would have rated the third installment of the lord of the rings trilogy a little lower. it was just too long.

Anonymous,  March 3, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

I'm probably not adding much here honestly, but I really enjoyed reading everyones comments. I agree, I loved B2F 1, classic, off the charts. Godfather P1 should be ranked much higher than 2 as well. Nobody even knew what a cannoli was until GF1. And any of the sequels to the original Planet of the Apes weren't too memorable. I still keep thinking I should see the Matrix (all 3) but just can't find the time. I feel like I've already seen the first one through so many spoofs, so it must have been pretty amazing. Superman and Batman are about right on, although I would have given the 1st Batman a bit more credit for its day. Come on, Micheal Keaton was it!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));