My "To-Read List"

>> 27 November 2009

I always have a lot of books that I want to read, but recently I have started keeping an actual list. Unfortunately, it takes me many hours to read a book, and only a few seconds to add a new one to the list. So, I've decided to put this list on the old e-blog to see if you, dear internet, have any advice or recommendations about these books. Here they are, in no particular order:


I am currently reading The Fountainhead, by Ayn Rand, and it will take me a while to finish, but I like to plan ahead so that I can reserve a book at the library.

Questions for Discussion:
  1. Have you read any of these books? If so, can you recommend one?
  2. If you were going to pick by title alone, which book would you choose for me to read next?
  3. Any suggestions that aren't on this list?

5 comments:

Lisa and company November 27, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

Now you have me interested. I haven't even heard of most of these books. I too have a to-read list and it is miles and miles longer then this one.
The only thing I have read on your list is His Dark Materials Trilogy and I loved it. Probably one of my favorite series.
If I were to pick a book off the list by title only I would have to go with The Magicians.
And there isn't enough space in this little comment box for all the book suggestions I could give you but I will give one. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini- only three of the four books are out so far but wow they are amazing and if you get a chance to listen to them on CD the reader is FANTASTIC!

kelley November 29, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

My only helpful comment is that some of yours are also on my to-read list. So that's actually not helpful at all. A suggestion: one on my list is The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

Rich November 30, 2009 at 8:52 AM  

I liked the His Dark Materials series as well - pretty amazing story telling. Some of it is kind of reminiscent of the Time Machine.

This series has received a lot of criticism for the blatant challenge to Christianity, but I found it very interesting as a debate between a science-focused perspective on life and the religious "pretenses" of church. I listened to the audio-tapes which were amazingly recorded by a full theatrical cast.

Noel Anderson December 1, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

If you're in the mood for non-fiction, sports-related reading, Bill Simmon's new release "the book of basketball" is fantastic and extremely long.

mary December 2, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

I read the His Dark Materials books a long time ago, and I love them.

Absalom, Absalom! is on my list, too. I read As I Lay Dying and loved it, and ever since then I've been meaning to read more Faulkner but haven't.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));