THE OFFICE IS BACK!

>> 21 September 2008

This Thursday, billions of Americans from all over the world are going to pick up their remotes and turn on their TVs and change the channel to NBC and then wait until nine o'clock (eight central) PM to watch the season premiere of The Office.  And I'm going to be one of them.


Seasons 4 was not my favorite and I'm hoping that the show
 rediscovers its early form.  The first season was short, but hilarious...like this guy  -->.  The second season focused on the romantic tension between Jim and Pam, culminating in this...













In season three, Jim and Pam were still not together, but by season four, they were officially (pun!) in love.

While this was a great relief to most fans of The Office, it left us all wondering: what next?  The one thing that we all cared about had been achieved; what comes next?

Season four didn't really have anything next and while it had some very funny moments, was slightly directionless.  So, here are my predictions/hopes for the new season...

  1. Michael and the new girl hit it off and drive everyone crazy.  (Duh!)
  2. Pam goes to NYC for graphic design stuff.  Jim stays behind and things get rocky.
  3. Dwight builds a robot.
  4. Angela actually does marry Andy.
  5. Phyllis takes up Tae Kwan Do, improves self-esteem.
  6. Creed gets a stapf infection.
  7. Oscar and Kevin have an arm-wrestling match but are so evenly matched that neither can win, and they just stay at their desk for hours, engaged in this epic struggle with niether able to gain the upper hand.  They both die from the exertion.
  8. Stanley does a crossword puzzle.
What are your predictions?  What do you think of mine?

4 comments:

Ashley September 23, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

yay for the office

ps...new blog address~

Anonymous,  September 23, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

Oooh, these are some good predictions/hopes for this season! And I totally agree with you that season 4 was the best so far (even though it was also the shortest)! I'm hoping some of these come true because I'd really love to see them happen!

Oh, and also, during the premiere of The Office on Thursday, we'll finally get the chance to see which Tide To Go talking stain commercial won! You remember those commercials that aired during the Super Bowl with the talking stain, right? Well, I work for Tide and we held a contest where we encouraged people to make their own spoof of the popular ad. The finalists can be seen at www.tidetogo.com/ads and the WINNER will be aired during the premiere of The Office. Looking forward to it, for sure!

I hope it's cool I commented on your blog! Check out those finalists and let me know what you think!

Thanks!
Mandy Jacobs :)
mandyjtidetogo@gmail.com

Mary September 24, 2008 at 2:44 PM  

I re-read your post because Mandy's comment that she totally agrees with you that season 4 was the best so far kind of threw me off. You say not once, but twice, that season 4 was not that great. And I have to agree with you. It really wasn't. I've written essays on how really not great it was. Seriously. But I am looking forward to the new season. I think I might follow your lead and make some predictions of my own (but on my own blog, obviously).

Anonymous,  September 24, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

Oh, wow. Sorry. I read that totally wrong! I thought you had season 4 was the best. Oh well. Sorry! I do think season 4 was my favorite though just because of the Jim and Pam factor.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));