People on TV Can't Hold Their Breath

>> 11 September 2008

People always ask me, "Joel, if you were in a TV show, created by J.J. Abrams, would you have what it takes to survive?"  After having watched the pilot episode of FRINGE, the latest show from the guy who invented Lost and Alias, I feel pretty confident in my ability to survive on one of his shows.  Here's why:

  1. Guns do not kill people in his shows.  Anyone who has ever watched an episode of LOST knows that guns are for two things: pistol whipping and giving Sawyer (-->) a chance to take his shirt off while the wound heals.  So, I'm pretty sure that no gun could kill me if I were on a TV show.
  2. Even when you die, you're not fully dead.  Again, any fan of LOST knows that dying is really only a two or three episode hiatus.  And according to FRINGE, a dead person's brain waves continue to...well, wave...for quite some time - long enough that a "dead" person can be interrogated by computers.
  3. I can hold my breath.  Check out this scene from FRINGE.  Maybe while you're watching it, you can try this little challenge: the moment the pillow goes down over homeboy's face, start holding your breath.  Then, see if you could "survive" this smothering.  I really think you'll be able to do it, although if it gets close, and you feel like you might die, go ahead and breathe - it would not be worth risking anything dire.]



Congratulations, you (and I) have survived (y)our (I shouldn't have started with the parenthesis) first TV SHOW MURDER ATTEMPT!

Tell us how your survival experience went; leave your comments below!

3 comments:

Mary September 11, 2008 at 12:35 PM  

Holding my breath for that amount of time was incredibly easy. But then, I'm a pro at holding my breath. I hold my breath over bridges all the time.

Also, Joel, I don't really know how to tell you this, but I've been getting the feeling around the blogging community that people think that you blog too often. Like, your posts are just so intellectual that reading a lot of them so close together is making people's brains hurt. So maybe just reign it in for a while, okay? Like maybe until the end of the year, don't post so much. I think everyone (I'm not just speaking on my own behalf) would appreciate it.

Rich September 16, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

not taking a breath before, I survived too! But, then... I guess you have to keep holding your breath until the bad guy figures you're dead and walks away too...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));