Bruce Hornsby + Spoon

>> 04 February 2010

Dear Internet,


Since their newest album, Transference, came out, I have been listening to Spoon a lot. Specifically, one song, "Who Makes Your Money?" is particularly addictive.


Here's another live version. Audio only.

I am also addicted to Bruce Hornsby's 1986 hit single "The Way It Is." Maybe it is that little piano riff before the chorus. The triplets: G-B-G, F-A-E, C-E-G/D. The melody: "That's just the way it is..."




Questions for Discussion:

  1. Are you currently addicted to any songs? Which ones?
  2. Is it lame to be 'really into Bruce Hornsby?'
  3. How many of you heard the Bruce Hornsby song and thought: Wait, isn't that a Tupac song?
  4. Most addictive, stuck-in-your-head-for-days song of all time?

5 comments:

Erik February 4, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

1. Yes. I'm currently hooked on one with an oddly similar title--"The Way it's Meant to Be" by the Features, and "Another Traveling Song" by Bright Eyes.

2. I'd say that's borderline lame.

3. Um... I really didn't think of Tupac. But I'm worried that saying so will hurt my street cred.

4. The Features take this one, too: until last weekend, I had "Bumblebee" stuck in my head for a few weeks.

Erik February 4, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

Oh yeah... I'm also hooked on "Legionnaire's Lament."

Carla February 5, 2010 at 3:14 AM  

ha ha i've always loved this song, but it does seem kind of lame

kelley February 5, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

I actually love the song "Mandolin Rain" by Bruce Hornsby (and The Range). It reminds of my childhood, swimming at the neighborhood pool that played nothing but adult contemporary radio.

Phillip February 5, 2010 at 11:12 AM  

1. I've had this one stuck in my head for some reason. Empire Of The Sun - Standing On The Shore.

2. At least you're not really into Rick Astley.

3. I thought "I bet Tupac is still alive."

4. Probably Ding Ding Dong by Gunther. lol

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));