Twitter is Sexually Harassing Me

>> 25 February 2010

In the course of the last twenty-four hours, I have received six direct messages on Twitter from people who I follow and personally know. The contents of these direct messages have been - to put it mildly - lurid.



According to Twitter, all of my friends (alleged males included) are actually lonely 24 year old women with ravenous sexual appetites who just can't seem to find the right man.

My interest in Twitter has already been in precipitous decline, but this might be the thing that pushes me over the edge. Twitter spam viruses are an annoyance that I can do without.

Questions for Discussion:
  1. Have you been harassed by Twitter?
  2. Anyone out there still excited about Twitter?

5 comments:

Mary February 25, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

I have been sexually harrassed by Twitter. I felt degraded.

Rich February 27, 2010 at 11:25 PM  

I too have been sexually harassed by Twitter, thought thankfully only one time. I feel so used.

I don't use Twitter very much on its own, but not overly annoyed.

Unknown February 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM  

Same! And my husband picked up my phone and saw the text and was all "Wha???" I never really got on the twitter bandwagon, but now I'm leaping off.

Charles February 28, 2010 at 5:33 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charles February 28, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

I have not been sexually harassed by Twitter. I feel left out!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));