OH, IT'S ON NOW!!!!!

>> 20 May 2008

Hello internet, I have been e-slapped in the e-face and I am not going to take it! Mary wrote on her e-blog that she has a goal to have more posts than me by the end of the year! My initial reaction to this feeling was hunger; I wanted some chips and salsa. Immediately after that, I was flabbergasted - how dare she? Then, I went back to hungry and got my chips and salsa. (For anyone who's interested, I like Jack's Special Salsa. It's not very spicy, but it has a bold flavor, as if to say, "I'm not the toughest guy on the block, but I'm friendly and it's worth talking to me because I have a lot of good stories and a clever sense of irony." You know...that kind of salsa!) Please, Payola!

Anyway, I have some news for you, Mary. It doesn't take much to
challenge me to a posting contest. It does, however, require some serious bloggin' chops to best me in a contest of internet prolificacy (<- real word, even though SPELL CHECK DOESN'T THINK IT IS A REAL WORD!) What I'm saying is, BRING IT ON, MARY, but only if you are prepared to make over One Million posts, because that is what it's going to take to win!

Side note: I just read Mary's post and I guess it really never says anything about a contest, but whatever, I'm going to take it personally and get huffy about it. I would also be willing to add a little wager to this contest...somewhere in the neighborhood of one million dollars.
Mary, if you're reading, let me know if you want to take this one million dollar bet. If this does turn into an extremely high stakes posting war, we'll establish some ground rules because there are a lot of questions that haven't been addressed about how competitive blogging works (minimum word count per post, how much original content is required, quality of post v. quantity of posts, what is the role of copy and paste, what about youtube, images, etc.)

So, I will keep posting about my favorite records (albeit, one album per post, now that I have an interest in bumping up my post count) until I hear back from Mary. Who's your money on?

4 comments:

Mary May 21, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

Oh, I'm reading. And I'm in. Winner gets $1,000,000 in cash and prizes.

First ground rule: each post must contain at least one original paragraph (a paragraph being defined by Wikipedia as containing three to seven sentences) written by the (e-)blog author specifically for that (e-)blog post.

Mary May 21, 2008 at 9:36 AM  

Second ground rule: those three to seven sentences must be complete sentences, meaning that each must contain a subject and a predicate. Incomplete sentences do not count toward paragraph validation.

Mary May 21, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

Third ground rule: all ground rules must be reviewed and agreed upon by both contestants before they become official. Therefore, these first three ground rules don't count until you give them your stamp of approval.

Greg V May 21, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

My Money is on Joel. I've known you long enough to know that the ultimate combination of your diction, prose and love affair with the internet make this a forgone conclusion.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));