Top Ten Favorite Records: 10

>> 16 May 2008

Everyone likes advice. Especially, unsolicited advice. But, too bad - you're getting my music recommendations anyway. So, I am going to write posts about my top ten favorite records. I don't mean these to be the TEN BEST, just my own personal favorites. You will notice that there isn't anything extremely recent (i.e., last 5 years) on the list. That's not because there haven't been great albums lately, (on the contrary, there's been a lot of great music), but because I still don't know how they'll stand the test of time. So, these aren't in any special order, but here they are. If you want to listen to these records, I highly recommend them!

10. The Moon and Antartica by, Modest Mouse:


Fast & Slow, Rowdy & Subdued, Angry & Poignant. This album basically has it all. In their weird, did-someone-forget-to-tune-the-guitar kind of way, Modest Mouse nailed it on this album. If your only experience with Modest Mouse is turning on your radio to hear the ubiquitous, "Float On" - then you still haven't heard this band at it's best.



Heard the album? What do you think? Comments below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));