Business Cards

>> 03 March 2008


This is my new business card. I just got two hundred and fifty of these babies and I'm pretty sure that they are going to be the secret to my future success. Few things say, "TAKE ME SERIOUSLY, PLEASE!" like a business card. I'm not sure that the effects of a good business card are really quantifiable, but if they were, I would guess that a person with a business card is at least 75% more credible than a person without a business card. And that's just a ball-park estimate. Who knows, the actual credibility increase could be as high as 80%. It could be a whole order of magnitude greater than that. 800%. Sound like I'm getting carried away? Think again. This video should convince you otherwise.



Let's be honest. A good business card can really open doors. (Figuratively)

Knowing that I wanted a business card was easy. Knowing what to put on that business card, on the other hand, was a challenge. Going into this, I had only two things in mind. One: that I wanted a business card. Two: that I needed to put my name on the business card. So I started thinking, what else can I put on my business card? I needed a title. "Vice President" would be nice, I thought. But I haven't been a vice president of anything since my senior year of high school when I was the VP of the Calculus Club. I won the election over Phillip even though he was better qualified, being in Calc II while I was just in Calc I. (Maybe history knew I would someday have a business card, and that's why I won.) I thought about a few other titles, "Attorney at Law", "Gun for Hire", "American", "Boy", and "Horse Whisperer" but all were rejected for one reason or another. Finally I decided on "Mastermind" (This should come as no surprise to anyone who started reading this post from the top, since I included a picture). Is it cocky to be a self-proclaimed mastermind? The short answer is YES. The long answer is YES, IT IS. Am I really a mastermind? The only answer is NO. But the people who are going to be impressed by my business card don't know that, now do they?

5 comments:

Rochelle March 4, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

A man's business card is only as good as his biceps.

Joel March 4, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

and a man's biceps are only as good as his business cards...so...catch 22

kelley March 5, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

Upon seeing Danny Ocean pick-pocket Linus and leave only his business card as evidence, I was so taken that I decided to make business cards like unto the Danny Ocean card. So in college my business card was "C. Kelley Smith". How pretentious is it to assume you need no title? It's just me. That's it. Impressed? You should be.

Joel March 5, 2008 at 3:51 PM  

That would make an awesome card:


C. Kelley Smith
No Title Needed

(123) 456-7890

Unknown March 10, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

I recently started a new job as a dental hygienist- don't worry I actually went to school for it and didn't just stay at a holiday inn! Anyway, a few days into it, my boss asked me if I had gotten my cards yet. "Cards for what?" I lamely replied. "Why your business cards of course" quiet chuckle. "Oh, of course!" So now I am officially official, and I carry a few around with me in my wallet and occasionally give them to friends, using them as a "here's a funny experience" prop- so far they have been very effective!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));