Heroic Couplets about TV Shows that I Like

>> 07 April 2008

Some people on the internet think heroic couplets are uncool. They are basically the new haiku; easy to write and often lame to read. So, I confess, I am not being original, in fact, Geoffrey Chaucer (->) did the same thing on his e-blog.

A heroic couplet consists of two rhymed line of five stresses each, traditionally iambic, often with a full stop at the end of each stanza.

So here we go:

If Dwight K. Schrute and I had had to share
a dorm my freshman year I would not care.

He would have taught me all about crossbows
and beets and paper sales, and all he knows.

We'd stay up late, just watching the TV,
and he'd explain the myths of LOST! to me.

And Dwight and I would certainly agree
that we would go with Locke, 'cause Jack's a freak.

Well, I hope these heroic couplets will 1) inspire you to write epic poems, 2) inspire you to watch more TV, 3) inspire you to invite Dwight K. Schrute to move into the empty room in your apartment. He seriously would be just how I described him...just a knowledgeable and helpful roomie.


PS. There is a rad new computer poem, by Justin Harris, posted online at http://computerpoetry.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));