History's Greatest Sideburns in History

>> 02 April 2008

General Ambrose Burnsides. Historians recognize these babies as the first sweet 'burns in history.

Jules Ferry. One time Prime Minister of France. Ferry was known for his radical imperialist political views and for his radical "chops".

Henrik Ibsen. This Norwegian playwright not only created many of the plays that we all hated reading in High School (The Dollhouse, Hedda Gabbler, The Wild Duck, and Spamelot), he also looked great in his sideburns. By 'great' I mean, 'like an insane lunatic who I would never want to meet and I would be terrified if I ever did'.

Elvis Presley. You might know him as the star of the 1967 film, Clambake. Others might know him as the alleged, "KING OF ROCK AND ROLL." Few people know that Elvis was such a fan of George C. Scott's Film, Patton, that he memorized every single line (this is true, according to the internet). Everyone knows that he "rocked" some rude sideburns!

Leave your vote in the comments section. The winner will be announced later.

6 comments:

Mary April 2, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

I vote General Ambrose Burnside. I like how his sideburns turn into a mustache. I also enjoy how his name is almost "sideburn," but backward.

kelley April 2, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

The General has my vote. Forget being a Civil War general... facial hair was named after him and his chops! I've long since been a fan. Ever since I was a kid and Cara-Beth Burnside was launching women's pro skateboarding and snowboarding and people thought they could be related... She doesn't have sideburns.

Ashley April 2, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

Ok.. the second guy...Jules Ferry...has the most disgusting (aka amazing) sideburns ever. Don't you think anyone ever said...ummm, ok, you have these things hanging down from the side of your face?~

Tim April 2, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

I've been a huge fan of the Burnside since it was sported by my closest friend in high school -- none other than the great Ian Terry. He matched it up with the Kramer haircut... priceless.

Joel April 3, 2008 at 7:19 AM  

I think Jules Ferry has the nastiest facial hair I've ever seen. Burnsides actually looks pretty respectable.

Vlazny's April 3, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

Burnside hands down. It was his birthright. His family lineage decided this debate a long time ago

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));