I Dodged a Bullet

>> 29 April 2008


This week, I have been involved in an epic struggle. Some of you might recall the time I challenged the internet to a game of online chess and promised ONE MILLION DOLLARS to anyone who could beat me. Well, guess what. I finally got a challenger. A man who goes by the chess name of "Big Thama" recently took me on and boy did I dodge a bullet (figuratively, of course - since it is impossible for the internet to kill people...or at least we hope as much). Big Thama came roaring out of the gates, repeatedly harassing my King in the early stages of the game. As the match progressed, Thama held on to the piece advantage, taking both of my knights early in the game. It was only due to some sassy pawn maneuvering that I was able to hang on for a victory. I was almost out a cool million for a while there!


The final board looked like this ^.

Here is some of the in-game commentary for your perusal:

bigthama: i'm guessing you're a defensive, combination player, as you keep sinking back into a shell when i attack

bigthama:
MARAUDING PAWNS!!!!

thedudehasgotnomercy: oh yeah

bigthama: that was one sticky situation that i didn't see coming :p

bigthama: nicely done

thedudehasgotnomercy: :)

thedudehasgotnomercy: thanks

bigthama: you win this one. Either you have mate in one, or i have to sacrifice my rook and queen just to keep out of mate, and then it's inevitable.




p.s. Thama and I are playing a rematch right now, but I might ease up on the chess commentary for a while because I don't want people to get bored. I have much more exciting things to talk about, such as, which is the better sport, curling or darts? Stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP  

document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));